• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Morro Jable Lighthouse Nightscape

Very nice, 👍

The lighthouse and ground features have made a good and interesting foreground subject against the Milky Way starfield.

51 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

Very nice, 👍

The lighthouse and ground features have made a good and interesting foreground subject against the Milky Way starfield.

Thanks, Rob.

Milky Way was pretty much invisible to the eye, thanks to the light pollution from the nearby strip. Is this the same place we talked about at Kelling a few weeks back?

13 minutes ago, Bottletopburly said:

Lols you’ve photo shopped that in 😂😂 nice btw Kev 👍

If only I did! - it would have been a hell of a lot easier, that's for sure!

It's the first time I've actually gotten Sequator to do what I want it to - stack the sky whilst somehow maintaing a static foreground.

I've no idea how it does it, but it's taken me on and off over a year to get my head around it.

• Like 2

On 05/11/2019 at 13:55, 8472 said:

If only I did! - it would have been a hell of a lot easier, that's for sure!

It's the first time I've actually gotten Sequator to do what I want it to - stack the sky whilst somehow maintaing a static foreground.

I've no idea how it does it, but it's taken me on and off over a year to get my head around it.

Nice one Kev - I use starry landscape stacker on my Mac. Does the same job as sequator. Very useful bit of kit for landscapes

On 06/11/2019 at 19:47, Chris P. said:

Nice one Kev - I use starry landscape stacker on my Mac. Does the same job as sequator. Very useful bit of kit for landscapes

Yes, I have heard of it for the Mac, Chris.

Never used it, as there wasn't a PC version when i looked into it a year or so ago. But as you say, they do the same thing.