We politely request that members refrain from discussing politics and/or the Brexit debate on East Midlands Stargazers. Let's keep it to the topic at hand... Clouds. ☁️

• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Adrenaline

Hello from southern Derbyshire

Adrenaline

Hi to everyone.

Been into AP for three years now and having gone down the ever increasing complexity route I’m now backtracking to the minimalist approach with a camera lens and cooled CMOS, short focal length, wide’ish FoV and no guiding.

Looking forward to sharing experiences and learning new approaches, tips and tricks on this “close to home” forum. 
Adrian

Bottletopburly

Welcome , what mount are you using ? No guiding  There are a few star adventure users on here which I believe you can autoguide with . 

Regards dave  

Derbyshire Dave

Welcome Adrian, I joined about four years ago. Great forum, dark sky sites, star parties, great people and loads of advice..👍

Bino-viewer

Hi Adrian. Welcome to EMS

I'm Rob, a wannabe imager too (read : all the gear, no idea)

Look out for some very iffy looking images from me, in hopefully, the not too distant future.

Hope to see you at a meet sometime 🙂

BAZ

Hi Aidrian, a warm welcome to the forum.

Sorry I can't help with the AP side of things, me doing imaging exceeds the capability of my medication. I am also not considered competent at tying knots in cables but I am on the right track as I can cuss a bit, but not to the standard required for imaging by all accounts though.

Have a look round and make yourself at home. 

Stephen

Hi welcome to the EMS

Adrenaline
On 07/11/2019 at 05:20, Bottletopburly said:

Welcome , what mount are you using ?

Hello Dave,

I’m using an iOptron CEM25-EC in combination with a ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and either a Samyang 135mm or Canon 200mm lens. Exposures up to 300s show no evidence of trailing and most of the time sky conditions here don’t really allow anything above 180s. 
Adrian

Bottletopburly
4 hours ago, Adrenaline said:

Hello Dave,

I’m using an iOptron CEM25-EC in combination with a ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and either a Samyang 135mm or Canon 200mm lens. Exposures up to 300s show no evidence of trailing and most of the time sky conditions here don’t really allow anything above 180s. 
Adrian

Are you only capturing in mono or have you filters too , 300sec no trailing that’s excellent 👍

Adrenaline
18 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

Are you only capturing in mono or have you filters too , 300sec no trailing that’s excellent 👍

Yes, just mono and generally NB. The 25-EC is amazing.