• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Possible meteor storm!

tuckstar

I know, don't believe the hype, but it looks like there might be a chance the alpha Monacerotids could develop in to a storm, but only for a very short time on the morning of the 22nd of November (next friday) from about 4:15am. Might be worth getting up early for.

https://www.skyandtelescope.com/astronomy-news/observing-news/intense-meteor-outburst-expected-alpha-monocerotids/?fbclid=IwAR0gFdNE3AtvSidfW6CanBJ8VliWIr_HWGP7dKxUfbgzZzwyuVDuZDpi2mY

Of course, we know that Procyon isn't in Monoceros. Thought S&T would of got that right!

Edited by tuckstar
  • Like 2

In the highly unlikely event of it being clear (given current form) i'm up for a meet-up, if anyone else is. 

I have 11 days leave remaining to be used up this year, so i'm using 4 and having next week off, with nothing much planned (not at that time of the morning anyway)

Woke up, looked out the window, went back to bed. Anyone have any luck? From what I've seen I don't think it came to fruition.

I had a look out at 03:30 and it was full cloud here with a bit of rain about.

So i went back to bed.

Then a car alarm went off over the road, and repeated about 4 times....😬

I may as well have got up !

spacer.pngNothing to report.

I even switched on the meteor detector!! (I know Graham) and got 3 pings in the 2 hours I was listening.

Edited by Ibbo