We politely request that members refrain from discussing politics and/or the Brexit debate on East Midlands Stargazers. Let's keep it to the topic at hand... Clouds. ☁️

• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Sign in to follow this  
Alec

Mobile rig finished 👍🏿

Alec
50 minutes ago, BAZ said:

That looks nice and tidy Alec.

Yes it is, the cem25 is a right pig to balance once you start adding guide scopes on the side. By adding the power bank and ASIAIR on the top to the left it balances out the guide cam perfectly and keeps it neat 

Alec
40 minutes ago, Bottletopburly said:

Neat setup Alec 👍

Yep really pleased with it. For the future Altair Astro will be supplying a small tri pier and I will buy one then I’m done. Time to start on the fixed rig. That will be a ASIAIR pro once released 👍🏿

Bottletopburly
1 hour ago, Alec said:

Yep really pleased with it. For the future Altair Astro will be supplying a small tri pier and I will buy one then I’m done. Time to start on the fixed rig. That will be a ASIAIR pro once released 👍🏿

What’s the tri pier , I take it the Asair pro is the pi4 version, which I have awaiting the next APT update then should be able to use it .

Derbyshire Dave

Looks cool Alec! Well done, you'll be dying to get out..

Alec
31 minutes ago, Bottletopburly said:

What’s the tri pier , I take it the Asair pro is the pi4 version, which I have awaiting the next APT update then should be able to use it .

The tri pier they had a demo version at the Astro show, just more compact than my standard tripod. The ASI Air pro is using the Pi4 has various outputs for dew heaters, a cnc aluminium housing that can be bolted to the rig and eventually will have  ASiLive stacking software that I’m meant to test, once we have clear skies (only pc based atm)

Alec
26 minutes ago, Derbyshire Dave said:

Looks cool Alec! Well done, you'll be dying to get out..

Had 20 mins last night with it. It’s a massive leap from a DSLR, I’ve a big learning curve again 

Graham

Nice looking rig you have put together there Alec.

You must be pleased with how it has turned out.

Alec

Yes I’m rather pleased with it. Biggest problem is balancing it. It’s near but not 100%. Going to have to mount some form of balance weights on the dovetail bar and possibly the main balance bar but at 90 degree