We politely request that members refrain from discussing politics and/or the Brexit debate on East Midlands Stargazers. Let's keep it to the topic at hand... Clouds. ☁️

• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Ron Clarke

M42 The Orion nebula

Ron Clarke

M42 The Orion nebula, not really happy with this considering I too 70 x 60s !! ISO 800

ED80 Canon1000dm 0.8 reducer dithered and 12 Flats added.

I know I've blown the core!!

Comments please?

Ron

large.M42011219Finishsmall.jpg.ce489c7e522d146b7c612d8338ee5ac4.jpg

Edited by Ron Clarke

Bottletopburly

i love orion ron ,running man showing well ,if you like i could run your  raws files through Siril see what that makes of it add some Bias frames too though and dropbox them ,not that im an expert processor .

Bottletopburly
1 hour ago, Ron Clarke said:

I've put the file into Dropbox but not sure what to do then!!!

You upload to Dropbox Ron once complete there is an option on the folder to create a link that will give permissions to share 

Bottletopburly
9 hours ago, Ron Clarke said:

Got it ron , started processing will see if I can finish it this evening, I would say it looks like the flats aren’t working or being applied , blotches and presumably dust bunnies , maybe sensor needs cleaned ,maybe a more experienced member will be able to look at the tiff file and be able to tell , I use a Led flats panel how do you take your flats Ron .

Ron Clarke

Hi David, that's interesting. I use the 'teeshirt' method but have ordered a light screen! 

Ibbo (Steve) has also offered to look at the TIFF and I will clean my sensor today!!

Thanks

Ron

Edited by Ron Clarke
added text

Nice one, Ron.

With regards the core, how about combining 2 separate stacks? One with short subs (30s or less) for the core, and you can go as long you like for the nebulous second stack?

Blend the core in with PS/Gimp/your program of choice.

It's a tall order to capture the full DR of Orion with a single stack of subs.

Bottletopburly

back ground is a bit dark ron , i will see if i can rid the blotches im sure startools can do that but could not get masked wipe to work for me so will look into that ,cores not too bad 

large.ronsm42.jpg.135c0a2aa3b188e7926a2618f88617a7.jpg

Graham

Hope you don't mind but I had a play with it as well.

Don't know where all the light blue came from obviously did not like being converted to JPEG 😅 

spacer.png

Edited by Graham