• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

SDR Meteor Detectors picking up Starlink2

Recently on the RMOB facebook page I saw reports of people getting hits on GRAVES radar as SpaceX's Starlink passed over Southern Europe.

I've also seen this on the RTL-SDR site: STARLINK GRAVES RADAR REFLECTIONS RECEIVED WITH SDR

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/starlink-graves-radar-reflections-received-with-sdr/

I've checked back through my hits for the dates/times others have reported Starlink detections but I've not seen anything I can easily correlate to them.

Since these reports the orbit of the Starlink chain has moved further South - but worth watching for next time they pass closer to us.

This shows the current orbit:

https://www.heavens-above.com/StarLink.aspx?fbclid=IwAR1hEnMHjUr3612vFDoAmEMQxyZoiXGlxrXTUffBAkmrKRyfl3iRrRk3-ZE

Checked back through mine as well.

Nothing jumps out at me.

Edited by Graham

Thats interesting Steve.

I had a couple of frames just like that last week.

Put it down to electrical disturbance and deleted them. 

Interesting capture ..... I don't know where the Starlink orbit was at that date/time but, without knowing any different, it kinda looks like you'd expect it to.