We politely request that members refrain from discussing politics and/or the Brexit debate on East Midlands Stargazers. Let's keep it to the topic at hand... Clouds. ☁️

• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Sign in to follow this  
Al.Grant

SDR Meteor Detectors picking up Starlink2

Al.Grant

Recently on the RMOB facebook page I saw reports of people getting hits on GRAVES radar as SpaceX's Starlink passed over Southern Europe.

I've also seen this on the RTL-SDR site: STARLINK GRAVES RADAR REFLECTIONS RECEIVED WITH SDR

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/starlink-graves-radar-reflections-received-with-sdr/

I've checked back through my hits for the dates/times others have reported Starlink detections but I've not seen anything I can easily correlate to them.

Since these reports the orbit of the Starlink chain has moved further South - but worth watching for next time they pass closer to us.

This shows the current orbit:

https://www.heavens-above.com/StarLink.aspx?fbclid=IwAR1hEnMHjUr3612vFDoAmEMQxyZoiXGlxrXTUffBAkmrKRyfl3iRrRk3-ZE

Graham

Thats interesting Steve.

I had a couple of frames just like that last week.

Put it down to electrical disturbance and deleted them. 

Al.Grant

Interesting capture ..... I don't know where the Starlink orbit was at that date/time but, without knowing any different, it kinda looks like you'd expect it to.