• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Misty Moon 09.12.19 with 1970s scope

philjay

Nice one Phil, the old scope does a fair job on Mr B.

I have some data but its a mosaic and AS3 is chewing through them at the moment.

I packed in when the halo appeared only for it to clear later on.

Had a play with this today, I converted to grey scale to clear the green fringes caused by achro optics then did a bit more subtle sharpening. Quite pleased with the detail picked out for saying there was a mist covering the moon by this time.spacer.png

It's really impressive Phil, well done. Must be very satisfying with that old scope. Have you just got it and restored it?

5 minutes ago, Derbyshire Dave said:

It's really impressive Phil, well done. Must be very satisfying with that old scope. Have you just got it and restored it?

Had it at least 10 years Dave, I restored it back in 2010, it featured in Astronomy Now at the time along with my old 4" F15. Its a great double splitter and doesnt weigh a ton.spacer.png

Heres the mono full disc, quite pleased with this set up I will definately give it another go sometime

• Like 1