• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

To update or not to update, 10 years on

philjay

It is a beautiful scope.

You would be hard pushed to find anything like it nowadays especially at a sensible price.

You have to keep it Phil.

Grow old gracefully together.

Chances to use it may be far and few but when you do get the odd chance they will be all the better for it.

I say keep it too. It's funny how we can have 20/20 vision when it comes to hindsight, you would regret............giving it to me...cough cough!

No, keep it and enjoy it, it might be old  but you have already said it's a "Bostin scope", the case for the defense rests its case.

Again, it might be old but nothings worked right since we gave up clockwork and steam.

Nah, I will never part with it, I would get stuff all for it anyway. Having chips on the objective makes buyers run away screaming in terror, when in actual fact they make stuff all discernible difference on a good lens.

This post was really to compare the scope since I got my mitts on it. I just set it up yesterday to finish a couple of details and thought a before and after shot would be interesting.

I had to do some soul searching about updating it back then because being a classic/vintage/antique scope fan updating an old scope goes against the grain. But heck it was worth it.

Nah, this scopes staying, others have come and gone over the years but this hangs on in there.

Edited by philjay