• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Astro pc

Bottletopburly

So amazingly the  500ssd I ordered yesterday came so spent a few hours installing everything in my lads old gaming mini pc only 250mm sq 75mm high will run from shed has usb3 importantly , does anyone know can I turn on remotely from my laptop if not will just team view connection just means running up to shed to setup  still need to set a lot of software up but at least it’s a start.large.311C3CA1-7B6B-4A77-B9CE-FB9275246B5B.jpeg.fed933331471d80da0a0ac7a3f10d20c.jpeg

Edited by Bottletopburly

Don't quote me on this but cannot you wake it up by remote.

It will mean it is on permanently as such.

Cannot you hibernate it after each session then wake it up at the start of the next one.

Like I said don't quote me on it. Computers is definitely not my thing. 😕

Some one who knows about these things will put you right I am sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Graham said:

Don't quote me on this but cannot you wake it up by remote.

It will mean it is on permanently as such.

Cannot you hibernate it after each session then wake it up at the start of the next one.

Like I said don't quote me on it. Computers is definitely not my thing. 😕

Some one who knows about these things will put you right I am sure.

Think your right there graham will look into 👍

@Graham I have installed Any Desk and seems to work I can leave shed pc on constant so that will keep damp at bay in the cold weather a Lot simpler to set up than team viewer or Remote Desktop and maybe look into wake on lan at a later date I found a free program that seems to be a lot simpler to set up Wake  on LAN so will look into that  , most software installed and configured just need to  double check everything .

• 3 weeks later...

Astro pc all connected and running , couple of glitches ironed out all seems good ,pc can be in sleep mode and Anydesk will log on , Anydesk connection is good  though I needed to change setting to best graphics as I missed that the stars were out of focus  due to a drop in temperature , I’m hoping a change in APT focusing currently under development will be able to automate focusing so I can add focussing into imaging plan.

Edited by Bottletopburly