• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself, my names is James and I have been interested in astronomy for 30 plus years, I drifted away a bit over recent years but now I have more free time I have got back into it again.  I Live in a rural area not to far from Melton Mowbray  so I have  a pretty good  observing site,  no street lighting around just the glare from Melton about 3 miles away. 

I have been very interested in comets which really got started after seeing comet Hale Bopp a lot of years ago. I also did several of the open university courses on astronomy what seems now a very long time ago to brush up on the science.

I have just got a very nice christmas present a skywatcher esprit 100ed with a Heq6  - R mount and i still have my old heq5 mount which I have been using with a williams optics zenithstar  73 for some wide field astrophotography which I have just started doing although i still get a buzz out of just observing.

Just need a few clear nights.......

Happy New Year,  

James 

• Like 3
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JPB

• Bottletopburly

• philjay

• Brantuk

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself, my names is James and I have been interested in astronomy for 30 plus years, I drifted away a bit over recent years but now I have more free time I have g

Thanks everyone for the welcome..... 

Welcome James, you are very near our dark site at Wymeswold!

A nice bit of kit you've got, look forward to meeting you at some point..

Cheers

Ron

Hi James, a warm welcome to the forum.

That's some nice glass you have there and a mount to match, lovely.

Make yourself at home and have a look round. Any questions you have, then please feel free to ask away, someone will help out. I look forward to meeting you sometime.

Hi James, i'm Rob (think all the gear, no idea ! 😀)

Welcome to EMS.

Hopefully bump into you up at Wymeswold someday....??

I see you are a comet chaser ; have you had any luck with Panstarrs ?

It still eludes me, although its been over a month since i last had a chance to hunt for it, the weather here is so bad.

Currently its in Perseus, pretty high in the sky, and has brightened a touch to Mag +9.5

On 01/01/2020 at 22:43, Bino-viewer said:

Hi James, i'm Rob (think all the gear, no idea ! 😀)

Welcome to EMS.

Hopefully bump into you up at Wymeswold someday....??

I see you are a comet chaser ; have you had any luck with Panstarrs ?

It still eludes me, although its been over a month since i last had a chance to hunt for it, the weather here is so bad.

Currently its in Perseus, pretty high in the sky, and has brightened a touch to Mag +9.5

Hi Rob,

No luck with Panstarrs so far, there hasn't been a clear sky for weeks, I did manage to grab a few hours a few days ago but the conditions were very poor.

James