• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Finally got to use my new scope

Simon68

Glad you've had a good evening. Nothing wrong with viewing the moon, many people have made it a lifetime hobby.

I've worn glasses for years but always take them off when viewing through a telescope or binoculars.

Glasses here too, again I take them off at the eyepiece.

I'll bet that you are still buzzing, I am glad you had a good night and hope you have many more.

I'm so glad you had a great time. The moon is a wonderful object, always something new to view as goes through it's phases. If you can buy a book called Turn left at Orion, it will show you what and where to spot in all the constellations.

Glad you were able to get first light on the scope. I can spend ages observing the moon, there is always something interesting to see as it goes through its phases, full moon is a bit boring by comparison because it is lit head on by the sun and there are no shadows to pick out the craters so apart from imagers most of us leave a full moon alone.

I take my specs off when observing, you can usually adjust the focus to compensate for most eye prescriptions plus its one less piece of glass to look through.

Great you scope out, hope you have many more clear skies.

+1 for turn left at Orion book.

One of my favourite reads on these many cloudy nights.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite often the Moon is the only object worth looking at anyway. If it is nearly full and there is thin cloud about, you can see very little else. I photograph it a lot:

Moon