• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Anydesk question

Bottletopburly

I have setup Anydesk on my shed pc I can remotely access with my laptop all seems to work fine better and easier than other software I have used to remotely connect , I keep loosing connection I have unticked direct connection, Anydesk Soloution for dropped connection  ,listening port 7070 same on both computers, my bullguard firewall has Anydesk allowed but disabling firewall seems to fix the problem, does anyone know how I can fix this problem, not a major problem as I can disable firewall when imaging but if there is a Soloution that can fix it then that will better . 

I use WiFi to the shed but it's only 3m away, hardly ever drops out. I think the guy on SGL is suggesting using an ethernet cable which seems a bit OTT ??

Ron 

4 hours ago, Ron Clarke said:

I use WiFi to the shed but it's only 3m away, hardly ever drops out. I think the guy on SGL is suggesting using an ethernet cable which seems a bit OTT ??

Ron 

I’m connected via power line adapter connection is fine it’s the firewall causing issues 

4 hours ago, Ron Clarke said:

I've not had a problem with the firewall, I use AVG..

Maybe my firewall Ron when I’m not running back to ikea 😡tomorrow I will have a better look 

Just make sure one of your devices isn't going into power saving mode, could explain the disconnections..assuming its losing the connection after a while? or does it lose connection when you start the software? Firewalls dont normally allow you in...then kick you out..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brady said:

Just make sure one of your devices isn't going into power saving mode, could explain the disconnections..assuming its losing the connection after a while? or does it lose connection when you start the software? Firewalls dont normally allow you in...then kick you out..

I think I sussed  it the remote pc only has windows firewall just checked permissions and seems some were unchecked for Anydesk , now seems to be playing ball .

All seems to be working as it should now I have even installed Anydesk on my phone and I can log into my shed pc from work so I can change settings if needed from anywhere at anytime Brilliant 👍.

• Like 2

Anydesk iOS app seems to be view only , can’t enable keypad and there is no paid version, emailed Anydesk to see what they say .

Only just seen this thread ....

I use Anydesk on 3 laptops, 1 mini Stick PC and my phone, I find it quicker, lighter on resources and less troublesome than Teamviewer.

The stick PC drop out from time to time but always reconnects if I open it again.

The Stick PC only has windows firewall and I've not checked that but having read this it's certainly something I need to check.

• Like 1

@Al.Grant windows firewall has two permissions private and public I made sure both were ticked , can you access and input using your phone I can’t access keyboard so can’t log in seems to be view only I use iPhone 5s 

Edited by Bottletopburly