• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Solar from today 18.01.2020.

Nice to have a rush free session.

With no clouds about I could take my time to get the focusing and the Etalon tuning to a point where I was happy.

Not that easy with the old girl being so low down in the haze.

She is still pretty quiet with just a faint prom at the 11 O'clock position and a couple of decent ones in the 7 O'clock position.

I broke the rules with this one by using a stack of 10,000 frames but what the heck rules are there to be adjusted 😎

Usual kit of

Double stacked 60mm Lunt

Point Grey camera

Captured in Fire capture

Stacked in Registax

Processed in PS 6

Click on an image a couple of times to get to full res.

spacer.png

False colour added in PS 6.

spacer.png

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Graham

• RonC

• Sunny Phil

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice to have a rush free session.   With no clouds about I could take my time to get the focusing and the Etalon tuning to a point where I was happy. Not that easy with the old girl bei

Quiet or not the only encouragement I need is a clear sky 😉

Not only do I like this but I'd like to compliment all solar snappers in EMS. I check Big Bear and/or Learmonth daily and the Sun is really quiet at the moment. I haven't seen anything that encourages

Not only do I like this but I'd like to compliment all solar snappers in EMS. I check Big Bear and/or Learmonth daily and the Sun is really quiet at the moment. I haven't seen anything that encourages me to have a go with my PST.