• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

phd2 log interpritation

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bottletopburly

• Clive

• Graham

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a pet hate of mine as your guiding will be different every time you do an imaging run due to conditions , temp, humidity, seeing and the list goes on.

What do the subs look like ?????

Are your stars round ??????

Is there any signs of trailing ?????

If the subs are good and the stars are round with no trailing then your guiding is good.

Don't get too hung up with logs and the like it will cause you nothing but anguish and grief.

Remember Astro is supposed to be fun. 😄

Edited by Graham

Totally agree. If you're getting unusable images and you can see odd things on the guide log then yes it's worth investigating but if your images are OK (which yours seen to be) why worry?

Bottletopburly

I was looking at the calibration file the Dec I think  looked out slightly just wondering if there was an obvious cause , my stars are fine but if there is something that can be tweaked out then I will where I can , I don’t fret too much over the graph .

I see that the file you uploaded was a PHD2_DebugLog file. I'm sure someone knows what that all means but it's all gobbledygook to me so can't help (I was expecting a Guide or Calibration log file)

Bottletopburly
58 minutes ago, Clive said:

I see that the file you uploaded was a PHD2_DebugLog file. I'm sure someone knows what that all means but it's all gobbledygook to me so can't help (I was expecting a Guide or Calibration log file)

You use the phd2 log viewer Clive