• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Horsehead and Flame in Narrowband Colour

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Derbyshire Dave

• seven_legs

• Sheila

• Graham

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I need some more data obviously, but still fancied having a go with what I had, I have been so desperate for data! This was taken last Monday and Tuesday, 21 five minute Ha, 18 five minute Oiii

Yeah, indeed. Thinking about noise smoothing algorithms I’ve already applied, I guess if I had buckets load of subs, I’d have to compare directly between a small and large number of subs before much p

Very nice too Dave 

36 minutes ago, seven_legs said:

Really great shot. 

Why do you need more data for? It looks good to me. 

more data is always good, the more the better details come out.  Most of my narrowband images dont have less than 4 hours of each filter, preferably more 😊

Edited by Sheila
  • Like 1
Derbyshire Dave
5 hours ago, Sheila said:

more data is always good, the more the better details come out.  Most of my narrowband images dont have less than 4 hours of each filter, preferably more 😊

I'd love to get that much data Sheila! May you have clear skies to get some...

7 hours ago, Sheila said:

It would be interesting if Dave could show a comparison with this image and one with more data, when he gets more.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Derbyshire Dave said:

Agreed Sheila, that's a great idea, will try and do that. Send me a couple of clear night could ya

Sometimes takes me months to get one image  LOL  Just have to be patient i suppose

• Like 1
Derbyshire Dave

Yeah, indeed. Thinking about noise smoothing algorithms I’ve already applied, I guess if I had buckets load of subs, I’d have to compare directly between a small and large number of subs before much post processing was applied.

Could be challenging, but worthwhile I think

• Like 2