• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Guide suitability

Bottletopburly

Looking  at astronomy tools guidesope suitability my new qhy1290  paired with my 130mm fl guidescope  Nikon D5300 results for my 346mm scope is a ratio of 1.1 which I assume is well paired ,for the 200p fl 1000 it is 1.5  arc sec per pixel now is that to high or would I be better on the 200p using an OAG , what would be the likely error on the 200p  be oval stars or is that ratio within normal limits , using the Qhy5l-11 on 200p ratio was 1.5 arc secs per pixel too  using the canon 1000D  , what is the main benefit of an oag is it to reduce tracking error to give tighter stars ?.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bottletopburly

• Graham

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Main reasons for using OAG.  Both cameras are using the same  scope so no difference in Focal lengths .  Saves on weight as no guide scope needed.  No flexure possible as could be possi

Main reasons for using OAG. 

Both cameras are using the same  scope so no difference in Focal lengths . 

Saves on weight as no guide scope needed. 

No flexure possible as could be possible when using a guide scope. 

• Like 1