• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

NGC281 Pacman nebula SHO

Bassinghamobservatory

That looks amazing 

Hint on SNR green on Pixinsight 70 then invert the image and then 100 on green this will remove any Magenta stars 

try Bens Astronomy on You Tube great help for me you’ll need to down load colour masks for scripts in Pixinsight amazing tool for stretching colours with out blowing others out 

great image again 

Thanks Allan, Dave and Chris and everyone for the likes.

Belated happy birthday Allan. Thanks for the SCNR tip and link to Ben's Astrophotography.

Graham

• Like 1

I have been reprocessing this data as I was not pleased with the gold stars and had to desaturate the background to hide some amp glow. The 10 subs with amp glow were ditched and then created a starless version in PI so the nebula could be worked on separately. Finally, the stars were added back by applying the Ha master to the result with PI's LRGB Combination.

I hope that this has made an improvement. Not sure now, it looks a bit noisy. May have to keep trying!

large.508266639_NGC281SHOv2.jpg.c0bfb9425d1b3a98ac028ac6ccf2ffef.jpg

• Like 1

Try Bens Astronomy he’s got a star add in and it tends to be better that Pixel Math for adding stars

aa you have colour in the nebulously add a Custom stretch from the Ha sub this added with the a Lum extraction and added together with Pixel math then blended in Ps seems to work well 

have tried but had to redo my processing and star removal as I changed the size and can’t get the Ha to match up with the finished tiff, so went through work through but seems to have increased the noise now and the final star added article doesn’t look good now (spent to long on this now ) but give Ben’s Astronomy a go it’s a good series of videos