• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Startools 1.6 update

Bottletopburly

I have been using Startools  I found it simpler to get started but don’t let that fool you it’s a very powerful program and very capable https://www.startools.org/ available on Windows/ Mac / and Linux  for quite a few years now after finding photoshop (for me anyway )to technical  , recently it’s updated to version 1.6 a few new modules and reading on startools website will explain in more depth the modules  and Ivo Jager has been busy tweaking and re writing the engine , updating videos  , still free to try for as long as you want and priced at £40 good value for money, and if you can’t afford Ivo can help on that side too and I can vouch for that 👍, so the new engine pretty much covers all types of imaging requirements wether dslr or narrowband  , so if your new to imaging processing doesn’t have to be too difficult spend time on  Startools YouTube channel to see what’s possible  there are some videos by Richard Konrad too on YouTube ,Richard is very good with startools so worthy of a watch