• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Crocuses

I snapped these at Mum's house yesterday.

CrocusesY20FebD21

Is it just me or does everybody else process their non-astro photos, as I do? I used Curves in GIMP to emphasise the structure, then boosted the brightness and contrast.

Flowers make great topics to photograph Phil. What I would have done was remove the green leaves that are cutting accross the pretty flowers. I have often done this and actually if I remember I take a pair of little scissors with me in my rucksack. by just doing this it will make the photo fill less cluttered. 

As for processing I use Photoshop CS6 and use the shadow/highlight tool most often, and then add some unsharp mask to the image.

Hope this helps.

Must admit I don’t use any extra processing on normal photos. Like them

natural   Each to his own methods. If you are happy with your results that is what matters 

I use curves occassionally, maybe a bit of contrast. I try and limit use of shadow and highlight to tweaking overexposed skies if Ive got the camera settings wrong or theres high dynamic range in the image.