• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Help with Starnet++ please

Bassinghamobservatory

I have downloaded the standalone version and it runs ok but when it has finished shows a brief message - open TIFF access denied.

Is anyone able to let me know where I am going wrong please?

Graham

Has it been installed in a folder requiring Administrator rights (eg Program Files)? I installed it in its own folder on the C drive and it works fine.

Edited by Clive

Many thanks Clive.

That has solved my problem and what an amazing bit of software. Having tried using a string of processes in PI and still been left with traces of bright stars, this just works in under one minute with not a hint of a star.

Graham

• Like 1

Glad you're sorted Graham. It is really goos. It would be nice if you could set something to automatically invoke an image in some way, but I just use a batch file. Anyone of knowing how to get this, it would be most welcome..

I just LITERALLY, rename my TIF file as FRED.TIF, drop it in the starnet directory and iinvoke the following batch file..

rgb_starnet++.exe fred.tif fred_no_stars.tif 64
pause

This creates "fred_no_stars.tif" which I rename if I need to and move back to where I want it.

21 hours ago, Derbyshire Dave said:

Glad you're sorted Graham. It is really goos. It would be nice if you could set something to automatically invoke an image in some way, but I just use a batch file. Anyone of knowing how to get this, it would be most welcome..

I just LITERALLY, rename my TIF file as FRED.TIF, drop it in the starnet directory and iinvoke the following batch file..

pause

This creates "fred_no_stars.tif" which I rename if I need to and move back to where I want it.

I suspect that the add-in version does just that from the processing software but with the stand alone version dragging, dropping and renaming the input and output files is probably the quickest way to do it.  I  have seperate batch files to select the different STRIDE values.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/03/2020 at 19:22, Derbyshire Dave said:

pause

That's pretty much the same way I do it, Dave. Not that inconvenient if you've only one file to process.