• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

OTA turning mod.

1 hour ago, philjay said:

A nice quick and useful addition that Ron. Back in the day, Fullerscopes sold proper collars just for this purpose for tgeir newt tubes.

Now their's a name from my earlier days of astronomy along with Charles Frank (Glasgow) and Astronomical Equipment (Luton), all 3 of which I purchased items from (but obviously not enough as none of them no longer exist!).

• Like 2

During one London visit about 20 years ago, i decided to pay Broadhurst, Clarkson and Fuller a visit

when they had their place in Farringdon.

I was glad i did because it shut fairly soon after.

It was a treat, from the outside (and inside) it looked a bit like 'The old curiosity shop'

They don't do them like that anymore....

• Like 3

As many many of you know I was born in London and lived there till I was 20 years old in 1986. I have visited the shop a few times and it was a bit strange, you could lose yourself for hours just wandering around. I never bought anything as i couldn't really afford things in those days, I was just dreaming that one day I would own one of those lovely 6" F15 refractors on a Fullerscope IV mount.

• Like 2
On 13/03/2020 at 23:39, Bino-viewer said:

It was a treat, from the outside (and inside) it looked a bit like 'The old curiosity shop'

They don't do them like that anymore....

Yes they do.  Altair Astro's place in Aylesham has a very Dickensian outlook.