• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Sign in to follow this  
Clive

M101

Clive
5 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

Nice work Clive have you tried stacking in siril , 

No I haven't, I'll have to download it and give it a try.  Do you consider it better than DSS?

Bottletopburly
35 minutes ago, Clive said:

No I haven't, I'll have to download it and give it a try.  Do you consider it better than DSS?

Siril is iris Clive it can be a bit daunting a lot of info is in french but I found using the scripts very easy , simply a few clicks of the mouse you can view the actions of the scripts by clicking on each script , I use the no darks script https://gitlab.com/free-astro/siril/raw/master/3rdparty/scripts/en/DSLR_Preprocessing_NoDark.ssf so all I need is a folder containing three folders lights flats biases as I dither , no need to go through all the options like DSS , so load files in relevant folder tell Siril where these folders are, (called the working directory) and choose the script  you want ,so if you are a bit more pc savvy than me you can create a script to your own specific needs , and to add data to previous sessions you can align the stacked results together from each session can’t remember off top of my head how to do it But was pretty straightforward tutorials on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_8UVzay-xlds4pjyRhHUOw