• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Confused between these 2

Usman Mughal nottingham

I am looking for a telescope which is light and has easy setup. I want to take single shot photos with my dalr connected. Does anyone know if the orion starblast 62 refractor will be good for viewing the milkyway and dso’s from a dark site and also will it be good to capture single exposure photo ? 
And william optics redcat but have to buy seperate 45/90 viewing optics for aditional 150£

Edited by Usman Mughal nottingham
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Usman Mughal nottingham

• Bino-viewer

• red dwalf

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

viewing and imaging rarely go hand in hand, a tracking mount to image is always a bonus other wise star trails will be visible, you could always buy a tracking mount and mount the dlsr and lens to it

Ok, i'f you're travelling abroad you'll need something compact and easily transportable. I hadn't realised you had access to dark skys. It looks ideal for that sort of trip.   Is t

Yes, they are much less light polluted there than over here !!   Regarding imaging with it over here, i'm sure its more than capable. You may need a light pollution filter and perhaps o

viewing and imaging rarely go hand in hand, a tracking mount to image is always a bonus other wise star trails will be visible, you could always buy a tracking mount and mount the dlsr and lens to it which should give you excellent wide field shots of the milky way and other objects from a dark sky, then if you plan to progress in the hobby you`ll already have a good mount.

Usman Mughal nottingham

Imaging i can do without teescope perfectly so lets put that out of the equation for now...

would this telescope be good for viewing dso and milkyway? 

Bino-viewer

For DSO's you will need aperture. 

62mm of it is only going to reveal the brighter ones, but it won't reveal too much in the way of detail.

Having said that, light pollution round here washes away most DSO detail anyway.

You will struggle to see much Milky Way from these parts as well.

You need to be further south to see the best bits.

Have you thought about adding binoculars into the mix ??

Usman Mughal nottingham

I cant show u pics on here for some reason but ive captured and seen the milkyway and andromeda galaxy with my bare eyes in kashmir pakistan and im thinking of buying this wcope orion 62refractor for mainly holidays and yes im aware in uk its hard but i also intend to go to dark sky locations in uk scotland in future. So query was will 62mm do the job ? And if it will do the job which eye pieces for this would you suggest? 

Bino-viewer

Ok, i'f you're travelling abroad you'll need something compact and easily transportable.

I hadn't realised you had access to dark skys.

It looks ideal for that sort of trip.

Is this the scope ?

• Thanks 1
Usman Mughal nottingham
12 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

Ok, i'f you're travelling abroad you'll need something compact and easily transportable.

I hadn't realised you had access to dark skys.

It looks ideal for that sort of trip.

Is this the scope ?

Correct this is the scope im after. And yes wherever ill go with the telescope ill have access to dark skies. When using in uk i doubt ill have dark skies unless i go to specific locations. But main query is again like asked before do you think it can handle milkyway and dso im 0light polluted areas? 

Usman Mughal nottingham

Did u see the images ive took with a normal dslr in pakistan kashmir just with dslr 10/15sec single exposures. 

Bino-viewer

Yes, they are much less light polluted there than over here !!

Regarding imaging with it over here, i'm sure its more than capable. You may need a light pollution filter

and perhaps one of the imagers on here can advise you better ?

And if you are imaging Milky way widefield, you will be using a wide angle lens something like a 16-35mm

and have some sort of portable tracking mount....

• Like 1
Usman Mughal nottingham

Hmm imaging in uk might take a trip to brecon beacons ... but as normal scope i think it hits the sweet spot. Small light portable... good enough for viewing planets and stars. And might even get my kid into the hobby