• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Great Month

I've had a pretty good April with seventeen sessions, most three hours or more. I saw a lot of Auriga, which I don't often get to due to inclement weather, including M36, M37 and M38.

Yes, wish I had made more of the good weather early on but all sorts of angst at work ended up with me effectively retiring 5 years early! Once that was out the way I got almost the whole of the last week of good weather in. And no Moon! Incredible run. Here's hoping we get more of the same.

Yes got to agree with the above, best Aprils viewing for many years! 👍

I think Phil will have his work cut out for POTM!

Edited by RonC
added text

2 hours ago, RonC said:

Yes got to agree with the above, best Aprils viewing for many years! 👍

I think Phil will have his work cut out for POTM!

I think he will enjoy judging it. One month was so bad, I even wondered if a non-astro photo might win.

It was a good month I had 5 observing sessions which is quite a lot for me. Managed to get a good 5 days in the workshop. I also managed to get the kitchen and hall painted so all in all a good month.

Yeah, a great month indeed. Impressed by your blog Phil, very thorough!

54 minutes ago, Doc said:

It was a good month I had 5 observing sessions which is quite a lot for me. Managed to get a good 5 days in the workshop. I also managed to get the kitchen and hall painted so all in all a good month.

I have found it is easier to have a lot of short observing sessions. My longest was on the night of April 21/22 when I watched the Lyrids for over 3 hours.

8 minutes ago, Derbyshire Dave said:

Yeah, a great month indeed. Impressed by your blog Phil, very thorough!

Thanks. I have tried to make the blog more interesting. Like many/most of us, the observing and photographic opportunities were superb.