• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Great Month

Sunny Phil

The combination of good weather and no work meant that I had the best month ever, the only minus being an inactive Sun. It was my first proper experience with the Lyrids and there was the Moon and Venus to keep me observing and "snapping" throughout the month:

http://sungazer127mak.blogspot.com/2020/04/april-2020.html

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sunny Phil

• Nightspore

• silentrunning

• RonC

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The combination of good weather and no work meant that I had the best month ever, the only minus being an inactive Sun. It was my first proper experience with the Lyrids and there was the Moon and Ven

I've had a pretty good April with seventeen sessions, most three hours or more. I saw a lot of Auriga, which I don't often get to due to inclement weather, including M36, M37 and M38.

Yes, wish I had made more of the good weather early on but all sorts of angst at work ended up with me effectively retiring 5 years early! Once that was out the way I got almost the whole of the last

Nightspore

I've had a pretty good April with seventeen sessions, most three hours or more. I saw a lot of Auriga, which I don't often get to due to inclement weather, including M36, M37 and M38.

silentrunning

Yes, wish I had made more of the good weather early on but all sorts of angst at work ended up with me effectively retiring 5 years early! Once that was out the way I got almost the whole of the last week of good weather in. And no Moon! Incredible run. Here's hoping we get more of the same.

Yes got to agree with the above, best Aprils viewing for many years! 👍

I think Phil will have his work cut out for POTM!

Edited by RonC
added text
Sunny Phil
2 hours ago, RonC said:

Yes got to agree with the above, best Aprils viewing for many years! 👍

I think Phil will have his work cut out for POTM!

I think he will enjoy judging it. One month was so bad, I even wondered if a non-astro photo might win.

It was a good month I had 5 observing sessions which is quite a lot for me. Managed to get a good 5 days in the workshop. I also managed to get the kitchen and hall painted so all in all a good month.

Sunny Phil
54 minutes ago, Doc said:

It was a good month I had 5 observing sessions which is quite a lot for me. Managed to get a good 5 days in the workshop. I also managed to get the kitchen and hall painted so all in all a good month.

I have found it is easier to have a lot of short observing sessions. My longest was on the night of April 21/22 when I watched the Lyrids for over 3 hours.

Sunny Phil
8 minutes ago, Derbyshire Dave said:

Yeah, a great month indeed. Impressed by your blog Phil, very thorough!

Thanks. I have tried to make the blog more interesting. Like many/most of us, the observing and photographic opportunities were superb.