• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Killing time ...

Al.Grant

So as lockdown rolls ever onwards I've been wasting time on a flight sim.

No sign that we'll be back at work any time soon and after the insanit y that was Aprilm it's nice to just waste a bit of time!

VE day flight over London:  Halifax, Lancaster, Dakota, Hurricane & Spitfire.

I was controlling the Halifax and the rest were Ai controlled following me.

kN7csqI.jpg

A couple of B-25 Mitchell grabs - Getting in the mood for a B-25 'solitaire' boardgame.

BuU6RzW.png

Kl38k8D.png

And yesterday I found a nice model of a Tornado GR.1  - so had to get a copy to fly through the 'virtual' hills in Wales.

utU1u5s.jpg

QkjSn4x.jpg

Then just for the hell of it I tried something a bit bigger ....  A-400M through the Mach Loop in Wales.

A place I love to visit .... in fact at 29secs in this video you can see a row of caravans - the end one is mine  😃

...... and the wife wants to know when I'm putting the new shed up!

Great video, I'm also a fan of the Mach Loop!! What flight sim is it Al??

Hi Ron,

The flightsim is Prepar3d (Academic license) but with some add-on scenery covering Wales.

That model and the scenery also work in FSX.

39 minutes ago, RonC said:

I'm also a fan of the Mach Loop!! 

Do you ever visit the loop?  If so then you'll have to let me know next time you're over there. 

Our caravan stays there all year round, right under the flight path, and we usually manage at least a 3 day visit per month ... can't wait to go back!

Al

Wow you lucky fella!!! Hope to go over September time, I'll give you a shout then!!