• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The case they should have supplied

bryand

Nice kit.

Like myself, just the 3 main pairs of eyepieces.

I'm just wondering whats inside that Tupperware box next to the Panoptics....? 😉

1 minute ago, Bino-viewer said:

I'm just wondering whats inside that Tupperware box next to the Panoptics....? 😉

A head torch, spare batteries and cleaning kit.

• Like 1

How are you getting on with the Max 2 Bryan...?

It looks a very nice viewer.

Are you fitting the GPC (if any) into the back of the viewer, or somewhere else ?

I turned the 1.25X GPC around and screwed it directly into the binoviewer, so it's always there whichever diagonal I use.

I really like the MaxBright's eyepiece/focussers - they don't rotate so if you use Dioptrix astigmatism correctors, they stay orientated.

Less focuser travel on each eyepiece than the WO bino, but once set up, they give fine control over focus.

Views seem to be crisper, if not quite as bright as the WO.  So maybe a slight adjustment in viewing style is called for.

Worth the investment, I think.