• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Tracking software starting to show results.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Graham

• Bottletopburly

• silentrunning

• Ibbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I know it is not much to look at but at least this tracking software is starting to come good.   Running  my old and very tired HEQ 5 Un modded Canon 1300 D mounted onto a dove tail

What follows is a demonstration of how the software works. As you will see in the video the software moves the mount in front of the target and then stops to let the target drift through the fiel

Starting to get something .👍

Got to figure out how to get the canon to auto expose in video mode.

Just waiting for the next pass as it is near enough right overhead.

What follows is a demonstration of how the software works.

As you will see in the video the software moves the mount in front of the target and then stops to let the target drift through the field of view.

I just need to do a little more tweaking to get it to stay more centered in the field of view but I am getting there.

At the end of the video the ISS shoots off towards the top of frame .

This was due to the mount deciding it needed to do a meridian flip.

I have no idea why as all the mount limits are turned off in EQMOD so it must be in the tracking software some where.

I will have to find it so I can turn it off as well.

• Like 4
Bottletopburly

What software are you running for the mount tracking graham? There is a chap from Wimbledon called sazbolcs  Nagy has a YouTube channel 

he has taken some fantastic iss https://www.flickr.com/photos/metrolinaszabi/shots  also his shots on Flickr  https://www.flickr.com/photos/metrolinaszabi/

Edited by Bottletopburly
silentrunning

Congrats Graham that is awesome, haven't bean so glued to a vid in ages! If I had a smaller scope than the 12" RC it wouldn't mind giving this a go.

Bottletopburly
18 hours ago, Graham said:

I have no idea why as all the mount limits are turned off in EQMOD so it must be in the tracking software some where.

Had a quick look limits are in setup > viewing limits ,setting angle in degrees by the look of it graham 

They are the obstruction avoidance limits David.

I need to find the auto flip mechanism and turn it off.

• Like 1
matt_baker298

I wonder if I could try this with a C14 and CGE hmm. Would be a lot of trial and error however