• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• philjay

• Nightspore

• Doc

• Graham

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I think I can say I have finished my project for ED80 binos that can be broken down to an imaging rig in 10 minutes and visa versa.   Here's a link to the first light of the ED80s in bi

A great bit of engineering Phil, I bet you are well chuffed with how it's turned out.

Excellent bit of engineering Phil 👍 

15 hours ago, Nightspore said:

Brilliant. I've got to ask about those diagonals though. Are they two Celestron mirror diagonals cemented together?

They are 2 celestron prism diagonals, shorter light path than mirrors. Then I put in a mirror diagonal to get a more comfy right angle view.

Nightspore
7 hours ago, philjay said:

They are 2 celestron prism diagonals, shorter light path than mirrors. Then I put in a mirror diagonal to get a more comfy right angle view.

It looks pretty ingenious. I was surprised how long the light path of my Baader dielectric was compared to a Baader Amici.

Nightspore
17 hours ago, philjay said:

I had to cut 3" off each OTA to accommodate them

Have you had any back-focus problems? I suppose that's what extension tubes were invented for lol.

Yep, the extension tube is 3" long which returns the OTA back to its original length so I dont have to hang long extension tubes on the focuser and risk draw tube droop and stressing the focuser. Far better to extend the ota than the draw tube when extending abnormal distances