• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Rgb filers

Bottletopburly

So the mak has been cleaned and thoughts turn to acquiring RGB filters so what is a good manufacturer for rgb filters?  , hopefully in July birthday pending I would like to acquire a  ZWO EFW , so that should set me up for planetary capture with the qhy 290mono which should give blistering FPS I have high expectations and hopefully the mono will give better colours via rgb than my usual Osc .

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bottletopburly

• Graham

• Ibbo

• red dwalf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best set are Astrodon true colour filters. A full set of 1.25 L R G B are surprisingly good value for the money. They are par focal so no need to refocus for each filter.

Have a look at the Baader ones or Astronomics if you have a few more pennies to spend.

@Graham @Ibbo i may have got a set of LRGB and a cls astronomik set 1.25 for £110

The best set are Astrodon true colour filters.

A full set of 1.25 L R G B are surprisingly good value for the money.

They are par focal so no need to refocus for each filter.

• Like 2
Bottletopburly

Cheers @Graham looking at them I may need to get the Zwo set to start I don’t think I can get those past my financial control manager 😂

i use the astronomik lrgb type 2 filters and they are very good, par focal although i usually check just to make sure especially if the temperature has changed, but it`s just a tweek if they need adjusting

• Like 1