• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Full Disc White Light 08/07/12

philjay

Grabbed this between the clouds and before the Tour De France started on telly.

Taken using WO FLT98 with Atik 314l and Baader Contrast Booster, IR Block and #23a red filters

Stack of about 80 frames, actually took about 200 but the mist messed with the rest.

False colour by the way

Phil

Nice shot there phil-great sunspots. I like the false colour too

That is on cracking shot there Phil.

The detail in those sunspots is brilliant.

Nice one Phil

I thought you was too busy watching the tour

Nah Steve that was the day before I got this one in about 25km before the end of the stage :)

very nice Phil, i`ve been reading up on the contrast filters myself, but as always there are some people who love them and others that are not so sure, but you`ve caught some lovely detail in your shot.

been watching the tour highlights myself, first stage win for Bradley today, i`d love to go and see it one year.

Cheers Rob, I was tempted to get one of those solar continuum thingy filters but then I read somewhere that a contrast booster gave similar results so I tried it. Images improved so I then messed about with other filters and the best combo with my gear is adding a 23a red to it and it seems to work OK.

Yep Bradley in yellow great stuff, hope it lasts. I know a few folks who have been to view it and apparently its one big party