• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Crescent Nebula in HA

Bottletopburly

That nice rob well done , I would be inclined to ask ivo jäger if detail lost saving in Startools what version are you using?

Bottletopburly
18 minutes ago, red dwalf said:

still using 1.5 version, will only let me save in jpeg, tiff and i think png formats

try 1.6 rob was a big update  , though you shouldn't lose detail ,try it if still doing it ask ivo.

version 3 startools process

hopefully this one has come out better, no flats, bias or dark frames added, saved as a png file

On 03/06/2020 at 22:47, Bottletopburly said:

try 1.6 rob was a big update  , though you shouldn't lose detail ,try it if still doing it ask ivo.

just upgraded to 1.6 today, e-mailed the chap at Startools and soon should be a version 7

• Like 2
Bottletopburly

Nice One rob , if you use sharp module make sure you use an inverted mask on stars ie highlight stars and invert so they are protected in sharp module as they will bloat slightly if you don’t , and try knocking wipe aggressiveness down slightly from default 75% when processing just to see if it makes a difference, 👍