• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Badger Cub in a bag!

Derbyshire Dave

No injuries we could see. It wriggled in the bag a lot!

46 minutes ago, Derbyshire Dave said:

No injuries we could see. It wriggled in the bag a lot!

I bet it did 😄

• Haha 1

Just now, Doc said:

Hope all goes well Dave and keep us all updated please.

Will do Mick. Bizarre after us looking at badgers last week. I've never found a live cub by the road before, and it wasn't near where we were..

• Like 2

Sadly, the badger cub didn't make it. It's been at the vets for over 24 hours, and he says that it kept having fits, and that it's possible that it might even have been suffering from the results of poison. Quite near to a farm, so rat poison could have been laid I guess.

This is not the report I'd hoped to be able tp pass onto you. Very sad.... 😩

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

So sad Dave.

It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen. So light in my hands, so lovely, so gentle. It's tragic..

Very sad Dave. Particularly with us at tge moment, we,ve been watching a mum and 2 cubs for the past month on trail cam but the past week theres only mum and one cub. Hopefully the missing one has decided to leave home on its own, we can but hope

• Like 1

good news on our front though, both cubs and mum caught on trail cam last night, healthy and playful. It was a much needed lift to see them all again

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, philjay said:

good news on our front though, both cubs and mum caught on trail cam last night, healthy and playful. It was a much needed lift to see them all again

That's really good news Phil. I needed that!