• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Using Tannerbaum site?

seven_legs

When are able to use the dark site facility again.

Sorry for being impatient but I’m am slowly going mad in this lock down.

as I can’t  really see much of the night sky from my garden I really feel that I need to get under a clear night sky. 

This would do my mental health a world of good.

now restrictions are easing I would think it would be ok for us to go to Belper dark site and keep safe distance from each other. Plus when camp sites reopen officially I think sites like Tannerbaum will get really too busy for us astronomers.

anyway just my just my thoughts.

Hi Tony.

I'm the same as you ; when will this madness end ?? The world has gone stark raving mad since March, i'm sure of it.

My back garden is hopeless too for any sort of astronomy barring Lunar and Planetary.

Tannenbaum (whom i follow on FB) are still waiting for the go ahead to open up the site, but they cannot yet. Why, i really don't know.

It will certainly be busy when they get the green flag, no doubt,  and certainly during July & August.

So we maybe will only have Wymeswold during that time.

We will be opening the darksites as soon as it is safe to do so and I'm afraid that may include some restrictions that may be enforced at both sites. Both sites are currently closed, so at present it is beyond our control. We will be talking to both sites as soon as we can. We want to get back as much as everyone else.

Edited by tuckstar

I think they're reckon pubs, cinema's and stuff reopen on the 4th of July. So I'm hoping the same will apply for camp sites. 

We shall just wait and see i suppose. 

I agree with Tony and Rob.  Plus I have a new tent to try out.

• Like 2

It's not only the fact that we have to abide by Government advice and site restrictions, but if something happens and we claim on the public liability insurance, we may not be covered if we don't follow the law or recommendations. We, the staff could also be held responsible if anything happens, so we have to follow the rules to make sure it is safe.

The Caravan Club and Camping and Caravan Clubs are both re-opening their club sites (not CL's yet) frm 4th July. So at least we will be able to use that as a means of going somewhere and staying over. We've booked for 4 days in the Lakes.

I guess the smaller sites, and ones such as Tannenbaum will stay closed a bit longer, and I agree about the frustration.

Campsites will be open but I doubt we will be able to attend darksites as yet. They will be restricting numbers of people and lots will be trying to book. Just seen tannebaum has been inundated in the last hour or so with enquiries. I doubt she will want more folks in summer as she will give priority to campers. We will have to wait and see how it goes

Appreciate people wanting to go up, me included, but she is not opening until the 4th, and as we have seen, they are getting inundated with requests.  I’m camping there with my family next month so have been in contact with the site.  She is limiting the amount of numbers who can book and reducing the number of pitches available.  I will have a word with the rest of the staff, Wymeswold could be a safer bet, so will discuss with the staff, also talk to WW parish council and if (and I need to stress if) we open WW, the club house won’t be open yet.

A number of us have health concerns so we need to play the next few weeks carefully.

Thanks daz. 

Was thinking wymeswold would be better for the time being.