• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

The old black mist again

Sorry if I'm reposting an old topic but I thought I'd posted this before. As far as I know, I didn't post anything offensive but if I did, I apologise.

I'm finding life very difficult lately and, as sometimes happens, many issues from the past have come to haunt me. I think the fact I'm not earning any money and leaking four figures a month during lockdown has hit me hard. I know I'm far from alone but knowing that just makes me feel the pain of others in the same boat.

Maybe being a 50s baby, I am preconditioned to the idea that I must continue working until such time as I can afford to. 

• Sad 1
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sunny Phil

• RonC

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry if I'm reposting an old topic but I thought I'd posted this before. As far as I know, I didn't post anything offensive but if I did, I apologise.   I'm finding life very difficult late

Thanks, Ron. I hope things work out for you, too. Unlike most people, I only have a small support network in real life. I get a lot of support online but my wife, who has severe health issues, has a l

Hi Phil, I'm sure you're not alone mate.. I have just turned 71 and i am still working, I have my daughters debt to pay and there is no one doing my kind of work for miles around which makes me feel responsible. Only doing 2 - 3 days a week at the moment till my clients (dentist's) get back into the swing of things! Like others I get depressed some times but i have a loving wife and a good strong family behind me so I'll keep on going while I must. Hope you can see the light at the end of the tunnel soon Phil, take care...

Ron

3 hours ago, RonC said:

Hi Phil, I'm sure you're not alone mate.. I have just turned 71 and i am still working, I have my daughters debt to pay and there is no one doing my kind of work for miles around which makes me feel responsible. Only doing 2 - 3 days a week at the moment till my clients (dentist's) get back into the swing of things! Like others I get depressed some times but i have a loving wife and a good strong family behind me so I'll keep on going while I must. Hope you can see the light at the end of the tunnel soon Phil, take care...

Ron

Thanks, Ron. I hope things work out for you, too. Unlike most people, I only have a small support network in real life. I get a lot of support online but my wife, who has severe health issues, has a lot to deal with from me. I try to bottle it up, as not to be a burden.