• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Just another thought!

RonC

Thinking of selling my ED80 with a Moonlight focuser and FF/Red and getting a 60 mm scope and reducer instead?

The reason being that the FOV between my 150PDS and the ED80 are quite close even the Canon 1000dm let

alone the Hypercam. I'd like to do some widefield as well as galaxies etc...

Last thread ended up discussing camera lens's!

Any comments would be welcome please??

Ron

Is there any reason to keep the 150 ron an keep the Ed80 instead only reason being weight portability  then getting something around 350mm fl that would fit m31 and m45  , the Redcat would give a far wider view than a 350 fl I think my refractor is 346 fl but is a quadruplet so it doesn’t need a FF  ,  skywatcher do an evostar 72Ed  seems to get good reviews too with a 420fl Flo has 19 reviews and a fov  calculator to compare targets and camera combos  also a few accessories available ff , camera rotator too if my memory serves me well , 

50 minutes ago, RonC said:

Last thread ended up discussing camera lens's!

Any comments would be welcome please??

Ron

Well........you did mention thoughts of a Tamron 300mm zoom.....😉

The TS Optics 60mm always had a good following

Its an 275mm f/4.5 FPL 53 doublet with a 3 element corrector, supposedly good enough for a 44mm image circle ie full frame.

It looks a very versatile bit of kit, and is actually on offer presently.

But like everything in this game, it all depends on what you want to spend.

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p11067_TS-Optics-61EDPH---5-Element-Flatfield-Apo-61-mm-Aperture-F-4-5.html

Do you already use a FF/reducer with your ED80? Altair do a x0.6 that would reduce the FL to 360mm at f4.5 which is less than half the FL of your 150PDS.

I use a 0.8 FF/Reducer at the moment on the ED80 and a 0.9 Baader CC when I use the 150PDS Clive..

Sold the 0.8 FF/Reducer and hope to get a 0.6 in the near future as Clive suggested so I can keep both of my scopes!

Ron 

AA 0.6 FF/reducer ordered, saving me changing my scope!!

The 0.8 reducer sold in 4 minutes on Astro B&S !!

Ron

Edited by RonC
added text

Think I'm sorted Rob but it's a good looking scope!! 🔭