• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Well about finished other than adding a few shelves. Finished the floor in heavy duty click tiles, painted the walls with Sandtex, added a few brush seals, levelled and polar aligned the pier, sold the ED 80 and purchased a Mak150 for planetary and still awaiting the F2.8 150 sharp star, it’s about 2 weeks in a long boat trip from China. large.73A9D4DB-86BF-4243-BC39-3374C0068E3E.jpeg.8866fd4dbc44e343343de386b21aaf27.jpeglarge.1B4BD0B8-263C-47DF-B045-816D9846B82D.jpeg.b35843e6a86a8928bfeb91451f1a350d.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alec

• Bottletopburly

• Glafnazur

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well about finished other than adding a few shelves. Finished the floor in heavy duty click tiles, painted the walls with Sandtex, added a few brush seals, levelled and polar aligned the pier, sold th

I am thinking of getting a Mak for planetary viewing. I am leaning towards the Bresser 127, it looks a nice scope.

Alec there is a thread on your new scope on CN https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/663055-new-sharpstar-15028hnt-initial-impression-with-pics/ worth having a read may come in handy .

Just now, Glafnazur said:

That looks great Alec.

Thx has been a lengthy process, but kept me busy during lock down

1 minute ago, Bottletopburly said:

Looking smart Alec , nice setup 

It’s great, only thing is the pier could do to be 6 inch higher, just below the roof. Had the chance last night to try the mak on the moon, but the elevation was just clipping the edge of the walls 😂

Bottletopburly
5 minutes ago, Alec said:

It’s great, only thing is the pier could do to be 6 inch higher, just below the roof. Had the chance last night to try the mak on the moon, but the elevation was just clipping the edge of the walls 😂

I’ve still not had a proper look through my Mak , currently fitting an autofocuser to it but left the bracket at work today after elongating the stepper motor fixing holes agggghh

2 minutes ago, Bottletopburly said:

I’ve still not had a proper look through my Mak , currently fitting an autofocuser to it but left the bracket at work today after elongating the stepper motor fixing holes agggghh

I had the 127 before and loved the scope, so the 150 is a step up. Really looking toward to some awesome views of the moon

I am thinking of getting a Mak for planetary viewing. I am leaning towards the Bresser 127, it looks a nice scope.

• Like 2