• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Bempton Cliffs

Doc

Great set of photo's Mick, you missed an Albatross!! That's a big 'dip'!! Was there much at Flamborough, I remember our trip a few years ago with the Wryneck etc...

Edited by RonC

Excellent Mick , damn I must get back jealous of your puffins one I sadly missed properly, though have the 400lens now 👍

I missed it by one hour but never knew until I checked later on birdguides. I did consider going back up there early the next day but that would have meant another £30 in fuel so I decided against it. I know I have never dipped so bad before.

Flamborough was pretty good. Bempton is full and I think the birds are moving south to find nesting sites.

Do you think the pipit I photographed on the wall is a rock pipit, it looked good when I saw it but I'm having second thoughts?

1 minute ago, Bottletopburly said:

Excellent Mick , damn I must get back jealous of your puffins one I sadly missed properly, though have the 400lens now 👍

400mm lens would be great especially for the gannets as they were pretty close.

• Like 1

I think it's a Meadow Pipit Mick, the legs are flesh coloured and Rock Pipit's have dark legs plus the breast marking's are different, sorry! 

Ron

Really excellent set of photos Mick, well done. Lovely to be able to get out again and visit places like this. I didn't even know there was a Bridled Guillemot. We have birding friends who have moved recently to Flamorough, so they're very lucky.

Gutted for you about the albatross..

1 hour ago, RonC said:

I think it's a Meadow Pipit Mick, the legs are flesh coloured and Rock Pipit's have dark legs plus the breast marking's are different, sorry! 

Ron

Agreed.