• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello to all members of the East Midlands Stargazers

Paul Tomo

Hello to you all,

My name is Paul and I’m from Nottingham and I’m also a beginner and have been for many years. I’ve been interested in stars and all that goes on with the night sky since being a kid and I always have had a telescope in the house. I hope now that I’ve joined The East Midlands Stargazing group I can now expand my knowledge on this fascinating subject.

Many Thanks...Paul Tomo 

Hi Paul, welcome aboard. Feel free to have a mooch about and ask any questions you may have, someone will have an answer. 

Hi Paul, welcome to EMS.

I'm another beginner really. Always something new to learn. Think of me as a 'all the gear, no idea type ! 😄

The main thing is to have fun, and enjoy the night sky, thats the most important bit.

Hope to meet you sometime 🙂

Thanks Andy,

I do have a question and this is one of many to follow. I have a Astromaster 130 and I think the secondary mirror is slightly out of alignment and I'm not to sure if I can do the adjustment too reset it, I don't have a cover with the little hole that goes over the eye piece and this will be the first time I try to do any adjustments on this telescope.

Would there be anyone close to Nottingham that I could bring my scope round and have someone help me set things up. I know that youtube is a big help when learning how to do things but I need a little bit of help to get my telescope up and running again. Kind Regards Paul Tomo

Probably not the best time to be asking anyone to come round. Take a look at astrobaby's website.  She did a really good guide on collimation. Are you sure it's out? Those little 130 tend to hold collimation quite well. 

To be honest Andy I'm not sure if it is out, but with what I can see I would say slightly out.