• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

My old laptop was OK for DSLR imaging using APT but really slow with the Hypercam, in fact I had to use 2x2 Binning to stop it freezing!

Anyway the HDD packed up and so it died! I found a HP Pavilion local to me on FB at a good price.

When I got to his home he had preloaded Android on the laptop which was no good to me and I needed Windows 10 which was on a SSD drive

which he had removed to sell! He put the drive back in and Win 10 worked fine and I got it for the same price!

After much messing about I finally got all the necessary files and drivers loaded!

Well what a difference! USB 3 and a quick SSD makes, it means I can now use 1x1 Binning which works faster than the old 2x2 on the old machine, I also found it quicker using tablet mode

and touch screen! One or two hiccups on the way but looking forward to a clear night maybe tonight!!

I have spent the afternoon doing Darks, Flats and dark Flats ready!!

Ron 

Edited by RonC
added text
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RonC

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My old laptop was OK for DSLR imaging using APT but really slow with the Hypercam, in fact I had to use 2x2 Binning to stop it freezing! Anyway the HDD packed up and so it died! I found a HP Pavi