• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Bottletopburly

Don’t know what happened to my guiding lately but last night 4 hrs guiding came in at  0.25 RMS for me that’s exceptional  and that was guiding on the zenith for most time imaging the iris nebula , now this was calibrated the other week as per phd2  guidelines Near celestial equator , so as long as that stays near that I ain’t recalibration dec and ra looked near flat 👍  

Edited by Bottletopburly

Sounds good David, I calibrated mine as per PHD 2.6.8 but I think using the  Ioptron Ipolar cam has made a huge difference to my guiding. i was doing 10 min sub nearly as low a RMS as you!!

Ron

Edited by RonC
added text
  • Like 1

Perhaps the warm evenings have loosened up the grease 😁. I've not calibrated my setup since last September, I've not needed to.  With my mount I don't get down that low but for my setup, I'm happy with it being below 1 arcsec RMS.

• Like 2
Bottletopburly
3 minutes ago, Clive said:

Perhaps the warm evenings have loosened up the grease 😁. I've not calibrated my setup since last September, I've not needed to.  With my mount I don't get down that low but for my setup, I'm happy with it being below 1 arcsec RMS.

may well be mount settling after belt mod clive