• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EQ6R-Pro Connection for Leisure Battery

Paul Tomo

Information needed on how to connect my New EQR6 to a leisure battery, can i go down to B&Q or something like and buy the female end of a cigarette lighter and some wire and make a connection up or is it not that simple.

I do have a power supple but the connections to the power supply are the two open ended wires that go into positive and negative,  I will need the same type of connection as has needed for the leisure battery to get the EQR6 to work. 

Please Help

Is there a caravan shop near you? They usually stock a "quick connector" which fits a round post battery, mine are red and blue for correct polarity try Amazon .AUTOUTLET Quick Release Battery Terminals Clamps Car Caravan Motorhome Terminal Pair

forgot to say, make sure you connect your adaptor  correct polarity,  check if centre pin on connection is positive/ negative, as would suspect reverse polarity will blow the mount,  not trying to teach you how to suck eggs though.😉

All I would say is check, check again and then triple check that the positive and negative supply inputs to the mount are on the correct pins. You'll only get one chance to get it wrong.

The power supply that i brought last year and never used is now out of its box and connected to my mount so and working perfect. I will sort the leisure battery connection at a later date. Thanks