• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EQ6R-Pro Connection to Stellarium

Paul Tomo

This is not an easy task for someone who is not computer minded. I think I have EQMOD, ASCOM and Stellarium set up on my computer but I also think they can't see each other and although I've downloaded them and I have not filled in all the tech stuff in all those little boxes. I have tried to follow the info on setting this stuff up on youtube but things are not working and I am needed more help setting up to the computer EQ6R and Stellarium.

I'm not sure what to do now and I think I have gone as for as my knowledge about computers will take me. If you can me get up and running.

Thanks Paul Tomo

Just to let you know I have just deleted all the EQMOD, ASCOM and Stellarium off the computer and so I will need to start all over again and this won't be a bad thing.

Stellarium now intergrated with ascom you used to have to use stellarium scope , you just need to go into Stellarium settings and configure assuming you have ascom drivers /eqdirect etc 

38 minutes ago, Bottletopburly said:

Stellarium now intergrated with ascom you used to have to use stellarium scope , you just need to go into Stellarium settings and configure assuming you have ascom drivers /eqdirect etc 

Thanks David, I’m not using the right cable and that was one of the problems that I was having, I’m trying to get hold of one now. I’ve download ascom and eqmod again but I can’t do anything until I get the right cable 

I have managed to upload EQMOD & ASCOM and all seemed straight forward enough this time around but when i click on a object the mount dose not slew to the object selected. Stellarium seems to be working ok and i can see that EQMOD is working although i've not filled in the correct coordinates yet i do think we are getting closer to being fully connected. 

Almost up and running, return to home is working but no slew to a selected object. What else can I do? If any can help.