• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Mars with the F 15

Graham

3 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

Very nice Graham , I really must get my mak out with the filter wheel soon on mars 👍

Thanks David.

Give it another week and Mars will be the brightest thing in the night sky apart from Venus.

Thats good Graham.

You cant beat apeture when it comes to planetary imaging I found when I did something similar some years ago with a c11 and a 102. Pushing the mag to get a decent image scale drained the image in the f15. 

But for visual give me a 102 f15 every time. With f15 and vixen optics CA will be minimal probably a lot less ca in that than some of the apo,s out there.

I must admit Phil I was very impressed with the optics lack of ca.

You never know I might even pop in an EP at some point when I am not fighting the incoming clouds

Woah, steady on there Graham 🙂

Yep, spend a good hour on Mars visually, if you have planetary filters you will be surprised at just what detail you can see. 

Mars is difficult to observe for a lot of folks but perservere and it can reveal loads.

Edited by philjay

2 hours ago, Graham said:

I must admit Phil I was very impressed with the optics lack of ca.

You never know I might even pop in an EP at some point when I am not fighting the incoming clouds

Thought you only had the one centreing eyepiece 🤣

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Ibbo said:

Thought you only had the one centreing eyepiece 🤣

I did get an EP with the Mac when I bought it.

Edited by Graham
  • Haha 2