• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Kelling 2021 4th - 11th October 2021

Sheila

3 hours ago, RonC said:

Don't envy anybody going to Kelling this year from the East Midlands. A46 Newark is a nightmare (especially Fridays) and 

the Holdingham roundabout at Sleaford (A17/A15) is horrendous, usually 1-2 miles of standing traffic as they are altering the

roundabout and now have temporary traffic lights! You can miss this by turning off and going through RAF Cranwell and Leasingham.

back onto the A17! (check your Sat Navs)

Ron

Thanks for that Ron. Good info

Traffic lights have now gone on the Holdingham Roundabout (A17) at Sleaford, still busy with roadworks though!

As Kelling is next week, just checking to see if people who said they were going are still actually going (assuming you can get some bloody fuel by then) 🤬🤪

1 hour ago, Daz Type-R said:

As Kelling is next week, just checking to see if people who said they were going are still actually going (assuming you can get some bloody fuel by then) 🤬🤪

Hi Daz, Yeah I'm still going. I'm actually going tomorrow morning 🙂
No problem getting petrol around here if you go to the services and pay a fortune for it.

Well I am now as bus is mended. 4 new injectors and had to be recovered by special vehicle. 

Ford don’t seem to have told folks this is a problem with quite a lot of transits built in 2019. At least the work was free but just got it back 😊

Yeah have fuek. Travelling Tuesday, back the following Monday

Lynne and I hope to visit for the day on Wednesday, hope there are a few folk about!!

Im hiring a van again (too much stuff for the car) so will be coming on Friday provided I can find some diesel to put in it.

• Daz Type-R unfeatured this topic