• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

E-Mail from Kelling Heath regarding 2021.

Daz Type-R

All,

Has everybody seen the e-mail from Kelling regarding the 2021 star party?

Looks like they are basing 2021 entry on 2020 bookings, so you are automatically entered into the same pitch, same time frame ETC.

It is all explained on the e-mail but there is a time limit to book / make alterations, so please check your e-mails.

Ignore that just had 2 of them   That might create some issues if folks don’t confirm or I need to change pitches etc. 
if folks don’t follow instructions we could lose pitches if they are automatically re sold 

Yeah thats what I thought, hence why I made this a featured topic but failing that, may have to start PM'ing people directly.

Might also put something up on the EMS Facebook page too?

So have you confirmed already then Ron?

You have to confirm you want it prior to the 16th November.

Last time I tried to ring Kelling it took me 4 days of constant calling to get

through. 

31 minutes ago, RonC said:

Not yet Daz, can't I do it Monday when I arrive??

I don’t think they want folks going to reception to book hence the e mails I guess?

From what Allan has said, As he was at Kelling in the last few weeks, they now have manned booths on the entrance and you check in there, they then direct you to your pitch.

Like Sheila says, don’t think they want anyone in reception.

Got through and booked although they wanted £75 deposit which I was reluctant to give until we decided what we're doing next year!

Got till the 16th to decide so I'll do it then..

Ron 

Edited by RonC

Had my email and will be sorting asap.

Not going to make this year, self isolating dud to her testing positive. 

Well not to make you feel better for not being here but I will prob have to use your pitch for ibbo if that’s ok as had to put Allan the plumber on Ibbos pitch.   

we at least have the ability to juggle if that’s ok with you

Must have been lucky, just called up Kelling to pay for 2021, got right through, confirmed and paid in full.

Thursday 7th till Monday 11th, jobs a gud un!

I rang today and booked and got straight through. Maybe they have a few extra staff on at the moment for folks to book for next year. So folks may be wise to book soon

Please will everyone let me know when they book and confirm in a pm so I can monitor which pitches are booked so we don’t loose any by accident in the blue field

On 10/10/2020 at 10:14, RonC said:

Got through and booked although they wanted £75 deposit which I was reluctant to give until we decided what we're doing next year!

Got till the 16th to decide so I'll do it then..

Ron 

Not following  Ron I thought you had to pay a deposit to book the pitch. It is already saved till the 16th November ?

• 2 weeks later...