• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

NGC7000 at Kelling new RST 135 Harmonic Drive Mount

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sheila

• Glafnazur

• Graham

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First session with new mount RST135 with Tak 85 reduced QSI 690 in Sii Ha and Oiii About 5 hours last night between 11pm and 4 am   Just a quick process to see how its looks

Looking good Sheila 👍

Looked like a very interesting mount, when I read up about it last year.   How you finding it as opposed to a traditional worm driven GEM?    

There is zero backlash, the guide graphs are flat in maxim error records as between 0.01 and 0.2 pixels virtually no noise on slewing very smooth.

Some folks say there is a long periodic error on harmonic drives that i cannot comment on as its seems to be irrelevant with the above figures.

I have not tried unguided with it as thats is not what it is designed for as my GM1000 mount is.

Very pleased with it so far easy to set up very lightweight but i always put the counterweight bar and small weight on but that is just me being over cautious so as not to get any backdrive if the power fails.   It performs the same as above with no counterweight.  

So far so good for a very portable kit but it is not inexpensive and the bigger one has an eyewatering price tag