• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Remote LRGB data..

Derbyshire Dave

Hi,

With the weather being so relentlessly poor, my thoughts have turned to trying to get some remote data to practice processing. I'm sure we could all do with brushing up our processing skills.

Ideally some RGB or LRGB data to play with. M31 and M81/M82 and M45 would be great sets to practice on. Has anyone any ideas where we could get some for free?

I know that SGL have recently been issuing some narrowband data from their IKI observatory,

Thanks

Last night someone posted a M45 TIF file on SGL looking for people to process it. Search for Sister stretch!

• Thanks 1

They used to do a load of Hubble data for people to process.

IIRC there was aload of planetary stuff that had never been done as they did not have the time.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Clive said:

Last night someone posted a M45 TIF file on SGL looking for people to process it. Search for Sister stretch!

Thanks Clive will do..

3 minutes ago, Derbyshire Dave said:

Guys, thanks, have also found that Jim Misti has released a of his data. Maybe some of you will find this helpful too!

http://www.mistisoftware.com/astronomy/index_fits.htm

im sure on that link i sent there was talk of all gary honis data being released since his passing apparentley he has hundreds of gb worth of data 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...