• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Brad gate park Leicestershire

Bottletopburly

Mate at work told me about Bradgate park Leicestershire, had never heard of it, well what a jewel it is had a walk yesterday loads of red deer in park rutting feisty young males locking antlers looks more like the Peak District it’s a big park and you’ll spend a few hours exploring and you can take dogs on a lead , car park £3 all day we got there at 11 but I would advise getting there before 10 highly recommend I will go back with camera, which I just picked up from being repaired so all being well I will go with the 400mm lens next time large.534AC4C5-F33B-4812-B974-27583E4F151F.jpeg.da860b35aa53375fb15de25252aec539.jpeglarge.F37796BB-4CA0-4264-AFA9-88BAD019B0F8.jpeg.46b477fb8f9c27bc5af32b1679865a05.jpeg

Edited by Bottletopburly

Growing up in leicester we often used to visit Bradgate and Old John. Had some great times there.

Edited by tuckstar
  • Like 2

Just down the road from me.  Did you use the main car park at Newtown Linford?  I tend to use the Hunts Hill car park (nearest to Old John) as it's normally not quite as busy (and also the closest to me) but they all fill up very quickly, especially at weekends and definitely when the sun is out.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Clive said:

Just down the road from me.  Did you use the main car park at Newtown Linford?  I tend to use the Hunts Hill car park (nearest to Old John) as it's normally not quite as busy (and also the closest to me) but they all fill up very quickly, especially at weekends and definitely when the sun is out.

We used the main car park Clive by the village 

It's on my doorstep two villages away. It's a real gem of a park with pleasant walks, loads of wildlife, and fascinating history. I always take a pair of bins when visiting in the daytime. On a good day you can see Waltham TV mast (naked eye) about 35 miles away from the top of Old John. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bottletopburly said:

And i see charnwood just gone into tier 2 restrictions too

It's certainly getting closer. Beginning to think it's perhaps time I got a hair cut, had to wait 9 months for the last time, thought I was going back to my student days.

• Haha 1