• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

IOptron CEM25P strip down

Alec

I have an earlier version (ZEQ25GT) and have had trouble with delay will try adjusting the belts.  Not heard of a belt frequency tester before.  Are they easily available?

5 minutes ago, Streetbob said:

I have an earlier version (ZEQ25GT) and have had trouble with delay will try adjusting the belts.  Not heard of a belt frequency tester before.  Are they easily available?

The frequency tester I use is from work, we use it to accurately set the tension on a belt to a measurement in MHz on cnc machine tools. Too high a tension causes  thermal overload of the motors, so it’s a really accurate method. large.F83D8ABF-2642-4C08-908D-F81D322B35FB.jpeg.2801c44e6deef62295985d80903ff178.jpeg

Thanks for the info. I’ve found them on line but they are v expensive. I’ll do the best I can without .