• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

meeting 21/7/12

cosmic dave

We are meeting at gib point tomorrow night, the forecast is for broken cloud at 10pm and 15 degrees c, Sunday night is supposed to be clear all night and 15 degrees, anyone want to swap nights ?

just a thought.

Only problem is its been advertised for sat night mark, if we can get round this sun may be a better option. Got to be better than another night cloud spotting.

Just to clarify, i will be going Saturday night as planned but if anyone is up for Sunday night i could do that also.

I may do Mark, have to see how the mrs gets on with the decorating...

I'll be there Saturday night, with it being work on Monday, I'll be observing from home if clear Sunday night

Me too Paul. Was just leaving myself open just in case anyone else was wanting to go. I have looked and if the forcast is correct we should be ok tomorrow.

Also it was only mentioned as the weather has been so dire of late that any extra chance of doing some observing is something i will always consider. Myself and Dave did go alone once before and were very lucky as the skies were clear and we had a good observing session.

Edited by oldfruit

Anything in particular that you want to look at tomorrow night Paul?

Broken cloud tonight. elac members email sent so check your emails :)

Guest @ndyC

Apologies again tonight won't be able to come as I'm travelling back up north,to meet my nephew for the first time. I'll be up for the perseids next month and hopefully give my new DSLR a go at the dark site. Since I bought it ive only had 2 opportunities,with some shots of the moon in direct focus and when we had noctulucent clouds last month.hope you get clear sky's!

Anything in particular that you want to look at tomorrow night Paul?

I hope to get a look at some of the lower objects in the South as my southern horizon is obscured by trees at home

I hope to get a look at some of the lower objects in the South as my southern horizon is obscured by trees at home

Me too as the South sky has a fair bit of light pollution where i am.